Spirit of the Sea Sailing Association
A mix of local expats in Barcelona sharing sailing experiences throughout the year to promote local charities and create awareness for marine projects.
What We Offer Our Associates
As an association, we are individuals who work together to achieve a common purpose. Our purpose is to sail often with like-minded people and to enjoy the fascinating world of sailing on a non-profit basis. Joining as a sailing associate of Spirit of the Sea Sailing Association you can choose your ideal sailing experience. You have an option to simply relax on the teak deck after either a hectic day’s work or a busy day touring the city, or participate in all sailing activities with our skippers as you wish.
As an associate, you will be able to register for all sailing activities through normal channels of communication such as; phone, email, social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, and our Google page for your convenience.
Conditions set to become a Member
The Spirit of the Sea Sailing Association must insist that a few basic conditions are met to ensure that we have suitable personalities onboard every trip with us. They are as follows;
- You must have at least a full day of sailing experience on a sailing boat of no more than 15 meters in length.
- As associates you must be conscious and aware of preserving our marine environment at all times. No rubbish is to be dropped overboard into the water, and whilst swimming no marine life is to be touched or disturbed unnecessarily.
- For safety reasons and the sake of good ambiance onboard the boat, associates turning up to a sailing event under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to board the boat or participate in a sailing event in any way.
- No persons under the age of 18 shall attend a sailing event not accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- Associates should bring with them to every sailing event their own membership card for identification purposes if required.
- Good behavior to all other members onboard the boat shall be observed at all times. Failure to do so will result in loss of membership without a refund of any initial fees or costs.
- The captain’s discretion is final.
General Sailing Activities
Associacio Esportiva De Vela Espiritu Del Mar
Consell Catala del Esport, Registre d’entitats esportives, Avinguda dels Paisos Catalans, 40-48, 08950 Esplugues de Llobregat
2nd March 2020
Some associates just know how to have good sailing fun and enjoy the beauty of sailing along the Catalan coastline.