Barcelona Balearics Sailing Association
A mix of local expats in Barcelona sharing sailing experiences throughout the year
What We Offer Our Associates
As an association, we comprise of individuals who work together to achieve a common purpose. Our purpose is to sail often with like minded people and to enjoy the fascinating world of sailing on a non profit basis. Joining as a sailing associate of Barcelona Balearics Sailing Association you can chose your ideal sailing experience. You have an option to simply relax on the teak deck after either a hectic days work or busy day touring the city, or participate in all sailing activities with our skippers as you wish.
This is the ideal solution for those who want to learn to sail and improve their sailing experience before chartering a sailing boat on their own or require further practice to gain confidence in the handling of a classic sailing boat. We also welcome associates that enjoy sailing often to meet other like minded sailors to share the sailing passion. Opportunities may arise from time to time to take part in sailing activities with other sailing associations around the world as we look to extend our reach with other associations wishing to participate in our activities here in Catalonia.
As an associate you will be able to register for all sailing activities through normal channels of communication such as; phone, email, social media channels such as Facebook and our Meetup page for your convenience.
Conditions set to become a Member
The Barcelona Balearics Sailing Association must insist that a few basic conditions are met to ensure that we have suitable personalities onboard every trip with us. They are as follows;
- You must have at least 3 hours of sailing experience on a sailing boat of no more than 30 meters in length.
- As associates you must be conscious and aware of preserving our marine environment at all times. No rubbish is to be dropped overboard into the water, and whilst swimming no marine life is to be touched or disturbed unnecessarily.
- For safety reasons and the sake of good ambiance onboard the boat, associates turning up to a sailing event under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to board the boat or participate in a sailing event in any way.
- No persons under the age of 18 shall attend a sailing event not accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- Associates should bring with them to every sailing event their own membership card for identification purposes if required.
- Good behavior to all other members onboard the boat shall be observed at all times. Failure to do so will result in loss of membership without a refund of any initial fees or costs.
- The captain’s discretion is final.
General Sailing Activities
The Barcelona Balearics Sailing Association is here to show you that to learn to sail is “learning by sailing”. You will be sailing with a maximum of 10 members on board our classic Rival 38 sailing boat, inclusive of a skipper. After a short safety briefing, the skipper will assign a task to participants adjusting to their sailing knowledge and makes sure that all crew members take turns of the different activities as they wish.
Members with least experience learn the basic concepts of sailing while those with more experience learn and improve the trimming of the sails and correct their errors. Some associates just know how to have good sailing fun and enjoy the beauty of sailing along the Catalan coastline.
Associacio de Navegacio a Velo Barcelona Balears
Consell Catala del Esport since 14th January 2013